FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pulse on Politics!
Durham Region Municipal Candidates Respond to Questions on Regional Issues
Pickering, ON, August 27, 2014 — On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, The Business and Professional Women’s Club of Durham will be hosting a Durham Region Political Forum at the Ajax Royal Canadian Legion #322, located at 111 Hunt St. Ajax. Doors will open at 6:30 and will run until 9:30PM. Learn the issues that concern your community and the positions of the candidates who want to represent you.
This event is open to the public at no cost.
This year, BPW Durham is teaming up with Cathy Hollis, who will be on hand to fundraise for Courageous Companions, raising funds to supply service dogs for veterans suffering from PTSD.
Participating candidates from each of the municipalities of Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa will have opportunities to answer questions from the audience on these issues:
- Affordable housing
- Affordable daycare
- Public transit
- Economic Development in the Region
- Water Issues
- if time allows the floor will be open to any questions concerning regional or local issues
This event will:
- Provide candidates the opportunity to express their opinions about issues of concern and how, if elected, they would deal with them.
- Fundraise for Courageous Companions, raising funds to supply service dogs for veterans suffering from PTSD.
- Bring community focus to BPW Durham, whose objectives are to improve the economic, political, employment and social conditions for women by promoting advocacy and awareness.
For more information go to our website, bpwdurham.com.
The Business and Professional Women of Durham advocates for women’s issues and improving the status of women in business, the professions and in industry. We do this by creating connections, offering forums for discussion and debate of current issues of concern, as well as providing methods of positive change through our community, our provincial, national, and international BPW Chapters. BPW Durham offers members the opportunity to develop leadership skills, and relationships, both personal and professional.
For more information contact:
Kim Beatty, Communications Chair
Joanne Cox, President
Phone: (905) 213-9107